Andrew Gilmore LLB
Andrew qualified in 2008 having completed his training with Janes.
Andrew previously worked for the Serious Fraud Office and has a wide range of expertise in all practice areas including serious fraud and crime building on the considerable case experience he has already accumulated.
Andrew has over fifteen years’ experience in high level complex and serious fraud matters. He is known for his practical and sensitive approach to cases and fearless commitment to the defence of his clients. He is also a Privy Council agent and has an international client base across the globe.
- Operation Aquamarine – a successful acquittal in £40 million mortgage fraud conspiracy involving well-known banking institutions, dating back to 2006; Total value of fraud was in excess of £40 million and involved significant offshore and international elements;
- R v Rastogi and Others – representing a client involved in a large-scale London Metals Exchange fraud conspiracy, involving companies throughout the world;
- R v Nicholls - £7 million VAT construction fraud heard at Birmingham Crown Court. The matter had the distinction of being the first paperless jury trial in British legal history.
- Operation Cindy and Operation Dougal – Defending two high-value National Trading Standards prosecutions – attracting widespread national media interest;
- Operation Uzane; a large-scale money laundering case in the North-West of England;
- Operation Florin – instructed in a complex and specialised pensions liberation fraud.
- Law Society
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- Human Rights Lawyers Association
Avid reader, chess enthusiast.