Fiona is a senior criminal litigation lawyer specialising in and with extensive experience of complex business crime, regulatory law and general crime. She has led teams of solicitors in numerous high profile and media featured cases brought by the SFO, HMRC, CPS, FCA, Trading Standards, HRA, HCPC and more recently the Metropolitan Police War Crimes Unit.
Having originally trained and qualified at Janes solicitors in 2000, she returned as a partner in 2018.
Fiona is ranked in the Legal 500 where she is described as ‘smart, experienced and tactically astute’.
- R- V- R and others (Op Amazon) Southwark Crown Court
- R- V- JWW
- R- v- R and others
- R- V T
- FCA investigation of a broker
- R-v Keiran Fallon and others
Other Notable Experience in Allegations of:-
- £3 million Pension theft - Cheney Locksmiths in Birmingham. See more details here.
- Counterfeit goods and Software - Microsoft grey goods market and designer labels
- Boiler room fraud
- MTIC fraud
- Large scale mortgage fraud
- Tax evasion - Representing Vantis Tax directors and their wives accused of a £70 million tax fraud. See more details here.
- Drugs offences - Including importation and possession with intent to supply following large scale surveillance operations.
- Arson (resulting in hospital order)
- Fraudulent Trading - Of note was the widely reported McAlpine owned “Welsh Slate” false invoicing case. See more details here.
- Money Laundering - This included representing the matriarch in a long running trial of money laundering for a Colombian drugs cartel infiltrated by an undercover police informant. This led to multiple associated trials. See more details here.
- Assistant and Attorney to Paul Freud (Artist) 2013 -2014 - Assisting in the legal challenge to Lucien Freud’s will. See more details here.