Gareth Hall LLB (Higher Courts Advocate)
Gareth qualified as a solicitor and Higher Courts Advocate in 2015 having trained at a large East London based Legal Aid practice.
He has expertise in serious criminal matters including serious sexual offences, drug trafficking and fraud.
Having joined Janes shortly after he qualified, Gareth is developing his experience by working on large scale drug cases as well as complex fraud, an area in which he has a keen interest.
Gareth handles cases from first arrest to the Crown Court.
As well as having conduct of his own caseload of investigations and prosecutions, Gareth provides invaluable assistance to the Partners and is the newest member of Janes.
- R –v- Oyekoya - Acquittal of defendant following trial relating to allegations of fraud and money laundering amounting to over $800,000;
- R –v- M – Acquittal of defendant charged with multiple counts of rape and sexual assault of a 17 year old;
- R –v- Al Shammary – Securing a non-custodial sentence for a defendant who pleaded guilty to causing death by careless driving after the instruction of a collision reconstruction expert;
- R –v- Hussain – Acquittal of defendant following a trial of charges of possession of an AK74-S assault rifle with intent to endanger life. This case involved the instruction of a gun-shot residue expert in order to counter an assertion by the Prosecution that the firearm was in full working order.
- Representing one of three defendants involved in a complex money laundering allegation arising out of the theft of a cheque from a Premier League football club;
- Representing one of two defendants charged with a large-scale and complex money laundering operation involving over £300,000 arising out of an inheritance fraud committed in the US;
- Representing one of a number of suspects alleged to be involved in several fraudulent wine investment companies;
- Representing one of two defendants charged with conspiracy to supply class A drugs following an extensive investigation by the National Crime Agency and police forces in London and the North West;
- Confiscation proceedings including an appeal against a confiscation order made over ten years ago involving the interest of a third party (pre Section 10A POCA).
- Law Society
- Young Fraud Lawyer
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- Female Fraud Forum
Football, CrossFit, Classic Literature.