Victoria Gregory BSc (Hons) LLB F.C.I.L.Ex
Victoria was called to the Bar in 2007 (Inner Temple) and is a qualified Barrister and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
Victoria joined Janes in 2010 following six years working for private clients specialising in civil litigation, land law, insolvency and mortgage fraud in connection with the well-known Lexi Holdings and Barclays v Guy litigation.
Victoria has extensive experience in all aspects of serious fraud investigations and litigation, financial and white-collar crime including Worldwide Freezing Orders.
She has particular expertise in high value complex fraud, money laundering, Proceeds of Crime and confiscation matters and is known for her hard work and exceptional client care.
Victoria brings tactical and innovative solutions to complex cases.
She has built a solid reputation and respect amongst both clients and leading professionals as an extremely committed, fearless, and supportive lawyer.
- Grillo and Grillo - ‘case of the year 2013’ successful acquittal of two former assistants to Nigella Lawson/ Charles Saatchi – extensive worldwide media coverage;
- R v Goodman – acting for ICAP broker known as Lord Libor in successful acquittal against charge of Libor manipulation by SFO;
- Representing senior executives of Rolls Royce in bribery and corruption investigations;
- R v Westwood - no evidence offered against former Tremeloes guitarist following successful representations by Janes Solicitors;
- Representing solicitor and accountant in €100 million criminal and civil investigation, disciplinary procedures and Arbitration;
- Operation Karnak - £62 million confiscation in case known as ‘Tesco’s of cannabis importation';
- Operation Crystallite - prosecution of film director in £5 million film scheme conspiracy to cheat HMRC;
- R v Gillespie - £8 million confiscation relating to fake pharmaceuticals and laundering the proceeds;
- GP Noble pensions fraud.
- Operation Amazon – acting for a lead defendant in ‘one of the largest direct taxation frauds in the UK’, prosecuted by HMRC;
- Civil and regulatory proceedings involving NHS and General Dental Council;
- Operation Florin - £9 million pension liberation fraud involving over 800 victims.
- Inner Temple
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Fraud Advisory Panel
- Fraud Lawyers Association
- Educational secretary on the Committee of the Female Fraud Forum
Horse riding, playing the harp, yoga and supporting her local community. Victoria also enjoys a good (non legal) challenge, climbing mountains and trekking to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society and other charities.