Such agencies and the nature of the prosecutions brought by them include:-
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (formerly the DTI) including the Insolvency Service – Prosecutions for breach of Company Directors Disqualification Act Orders 1986 , offences under the Insolvency Act 1986, offences under the Companies Act 2006.
- Trading Standards Agency - Alleged fraudulent and illegal trading in counterfeit computer software.
- Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT) and the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) - Private prosecutions for copyright breach in respect of CDs and DVDs.
- Transport for London - Applications for revocation of private hire operator's (minicabs) licenses.
- Bank of England– Prosecution under the Banking Act in respect of unlicensed activity
- Gangmasters Licensing Authority – prosecution of unlicensed gang-masters in the agricultural industry.
Additionally Janes Solicitors has successfully defended private prosecutions brought against our clients by individuals in respect of a variety of matters including - Threats to Kill, Conspiracy to Commit Blackmail, Conspiracy to Cause Criminal Damage, Harassment and Assault.
Contact our Expert Defence Lawyers London
Janes Solicitors provides bespoke specialist advice on all areas of serious and complex fraud, regulatory, taxation and serious financial crime matters. With extensive experience in all areas of fraud and financial crime and a well-earned reputation as leaders in our field, our expert defence team take a proactive and pragmatic approach to legal advice and case strategy. We are committed to your successful outcome. Janes Solicitors pride ourselves on our case tailored approach for each client in and our fearless commitment in each and every case we undertake.
If you or your business have concerns, are under suspicion or investigation or have been arrested or prosecuted for any serious fraud or financial crime offence, contact us today on 020 7930 5100, or via our online contact form.