James Mullion BA
James qualified as a solicitor in 2005 and became a Partner at Janes Solicitors in 2010.
James has an impressive criminal practice which continues to expand, dealing with all aspects of fraud litigation and regulatory matters. He also has a burgeoning civil practice, including advising clients on major litigation surrounding breach of privacy claims and a London Stock Exchange related matter.
James has developed a strong reputation in his field as a dedicated and conscientious lawyer. Whilst bringing professionalism and a strong work ethic to any case, James is liked by clients for his dedication and genial style.
- Advising clients on Operation Elveden - investigation into payments to public officials by journalists and the previous phone hacking trial involving Rebecca Brooks;
- Operation Birkhill - largest human trafficking prosecution ever brought in the UK and a high-profile investigation into misappropriation of political funds;
- Wang Yam - Murder trial held in camera – proceedings before the Supreme Court and the ECtHR;
- Operation Ventford - multi-handed conspiracy to defraud banks with losses in the millions;
- Instructed on several civil claims against Mirror Group Newspapers arising from Operation Golding - police investigation into phone hacking.
- Instructed to advise on HMRC investigation into suspected breach of EU petroleum sanctions by UK company;
- Advising family of wealthy landowner on claim for possession of property worth over £3 million;
- Instructed to advise on Operation Albany: HMRC investigation into large-scale duty evasion.
- Law Society
- Fraud Lawyers Association
- Spending time with his young son.
- James is also fluent in Russian.