“Marc Livingston was a consummate professional and through his diligent representation, the contempt charge was dismissed”
– Client, July 2023
Marc qualified as a solicitor in 2014 and since joining Janes Solicitors in November 2019, has worked in the firm’s civil department advising on a wide spectrum of civil disputes, including commercial litigation, insolvency litigation and civil fraud.
Additionally, in the last few years, Marc has been instructed in a number of high-profile Contempt of Court cases within the civil courts, establishing himself as one of the go-to solicitors in the country for this specialised type of work. Recent and notable cases include:
- Successfully defending a former soldier who was accused of Contempt of Court by the Ministry of Defence following a record claim for non-freezing cold injuries was dismissed as fundamentally dishonest
- Representing ‘Dr Bitcoin’, Dr Craig Wright, in successfully arguing that it was not in the public interest for Contempt Proceedings to continue following an alleged breach an embargo
- Acting for a solicitor, in resisting an application for permission for Contempt Proceedings to be brought against him after his evidence at in high-value probate dispute had originally been the subject of judicial criticism
- Instructed by successful appellant in a precedent setting case in the Court of Appeal which confirmed that alleged contemnors should be afforded the right to silence
Marc is also a qualified Solicitor Advocate having obtained his Higher Rights of Audience (Civil), which allows him to represent and advocate for clients in civil matters in the High Court.
Marc also has an interest in matters concerning Public International Law and was awarded an LLM by Queen Mary University London in this field in 2017.
- Law Society
- The Solicitors’ Association of Higher Courts Advocates
- The Society of Scottish Lawyers in London
- Society of Labour Lawyers
In his spare time, Marc is an avid follower of politics and current affairs. He is a keen football fan and continues his love affair with Glasgow Celtic despite the hundreds of miles now between them. He also particularly enjoys trying out the wonderful restaurants and theatre London has to offer.
“I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for all you have done regarding this matter. You have eased a concerning time for me by your support and prompt responses to all my queries. The most competent, realistic (and sometimes imaginative) way you dealt with the other side has clearly contributed greatly to a successful conclusion.” – Commercial Litigation client
“Without a shadow of a doubt you’re the best in the business as far as we are concerned!” – Commercial Litigation client
“I am very satisfied, not only with the professional advice you have given me and the attention to detail you have shown, but also the human aspect of your services. I am always reassured that my facts have been fully taken into account and the resulting advice really does reflect the best course of action for me in any given set of circumstances.” – Contempt of Court client
“Through his diligent representation, the contempt charge against me was dismissed. He informed me of my rights immediately…Mr Livingston has continued to be professional and pro-active in trying to keep me updated where possible despite his part on the case has come to a close….If it wasn’t for Mr Livingston, I would never trust a single solicitor.” – Contempt of Court client
“Your input was always inciteful, helpful, realistic and to the point. You led your team by example : thoroughly professional and caring…Above and beyond!” – Contempt of Court client
Need advice? Call us now.
020 7930 5100
Out of hours: 07789 622 430